Saturday, March 16, 2013

Team Fortress 2 - Pyro

Received my pair of Team Fortress 2 figures yesterday and here's the first release in the series - Pyro!

I used to play this game a lot, not anymore though since I have tons of other games to go through. But when I saw NECA announce these figures I knew I had to have them.

Sculpt-wise, this figure is excellent. The likeness to the in-game character is uncanny. However, the sculpting also gets in the way of the articulation. A prime example are the elbows, the joints are there, but because of the gloves getting in the way, his elbows can only bend a tiny bit, perhaps only 10 degrees or so. This prevents him from holding his flamethrower properly and really limits the poses you can do with this figure.

Another problem I am having with these figures is paint on the joints. Since I've had countless joints from NECA figures break right out of the box or after trying to move them a bit, I've developed a NECA-joint-phobia which makes me scare to move the joint if it is too tight, which is pretty much every joint on these figures.

Overall, I think this figure is okay, it looks good and all, but I wished it had more articulation.

Team Fortress 2 - Pyro

1 comment: