Saturday, January 17, 2009

Revoltech Tetsujin-28 review

Ok let me write a little review on this figure because it is my first Revoltech! I don't know a whole lot about the background of this anime since it is way before my time, only thing I know is that this robot is basically a giant RC robot controlled by a little boy. I have always liked the design of this robot. It is simple, yet there is some subtle charm about it.

Anyways, onto the figure. First of all, the packaging is really attractive. Won't go into detail though, just check out the pics!




My first impression was that the joints on the figure were really stiff. This is a good thing since I rather them be stiff and loose. But being that this was my first Revoltech, I was slightly hesitant in using much force to manipulate the joints, afraid that I would break it. After messing around with it for a while, I got the hang of it and posing it was really fun!



The paint apps were okay, not excellent though. Tetsujin-28 has a dark metallic purple finishing. Although the paint looks smooth on most of the figure, there are some areas with rough finishing. However, you can only see these areas if you examine the figure at a close range.



The figure comes with a selection of exchangeble components and a display stand. For Tetsujin-28, we got 2 extra sets of hands, rocket flames, live wires, and an extra head with the evil red eyes. The fitting on these exchangeble parts are very tight, but they can be exchanged with some force. The only problem that I had was with the altenate head, just couldn't get the Revoltech joints to fit in the head. I didn't bother changing any hands for this shoot since this is the second time.

I like how they made the flames a solid color instead of making them translucent.





One neat feature is that there is a hole in the jetpack flame that attaches to the stand allowing for some neat in flight poses.









All in all, I've had a good experience with my first Revoltech and already have two more on order! I'll give you a hint, one of them has to do with this...



Oh and check out what I came upon...
Tetsujin-28 Movie coming soon...?

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures taken!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks desmond! This fig is very fun to take pics of because of the great poseability!

    ReplyDelete